Admission to the department for this degree is through a division wide selection process which involves qualifying a written test followed by a interview process.
- Qualification : Students who are in 3rd year of their B.Sc. are eligible for applying for this degree and have 60% qualifying marks.
- Written test : The student qualified through the JAM entrance test are short listed for interview.
- Interview : It is scheduled for 3 days in the month of may in 3rd or 4th week.
Admission to the department for Ph.D this degree is through a departmental selection process for which student are considered through a number of channels.
- Qualification : Students with following minimum qualifications are eligible to applying for this.
- Master’s or equivalent degree in any branch of science or
- Bachelor’s degree in any branch of Medicine/Engineering/Technology/Veterinary Science/Pharmacy
- Eligibility : Candidates who have qualified for one of the following exams are eligible to appear for an interview process. For eligibility please refer to cutoff marks for direct interview process set for that academic year(this changes every year).
- CSIR-UGC NET examination
- DBT-JRF ship
- INSPIRE Fellowship
For students holding degrees in medicine, veterinary and pharmaceutical sciences, who wish to apply for PhD in the departments in science faculty, qualifying in any of the national exams is not mandatory.
- Interview : The eligible candidates are interviewed during the month of June every year. The interview takes place over four to five days. Candidates are encouraged to meet prospective faculty during these days.
1. Interview conducted by committee comprising of 5 – 6 department faculty
2. Duration of interview 15 – 20 minutes
3. Interview in conducted in the general subject area of Biology and is directed by the candidate’s interest in the various sub disciplines.
4. The questions are both knowledge based as well as analytical.
5. The short listing is done based on the overall performance in the interview procedure by the entire interview panel
6. The candidates who are short listed after the end of each day are eligible to be considered for admission to the PhD programme in the Department of MRDG. However, the final merit list will be released on Friday 10th June 2016 and candidates will be considered for admission as per that list.
For additional details, please refer to the institutional website http://admissions.iisc.ernet.in/